Our resort is located near THE GLEN in Johnson City, NY. Johnson City is a small village and part of the "Triple Cities" which also includes the Village of Endicott and the City of Binghamton. It is also close to Vestal, Endwell, Owego and Greene.
The "Triple Cities" has always been referred to as the "valley of opportunity" and was known as the destination of choice for immigrants during the early 19th century.
Once known as an area rich in Industrial Opportunities with a tobacco company, Endicott Johnson Shoe Company, General Electric, Singer Link, and the birth place of the IBM Corporation. Today the area remains rich with several smaller companies specializing in a variety of technological areas. Within minutes of our resort are well known companies such as Amphenol,
Endicott Interconnect, IBM, Binghamton Simulator,
Maines Paper and Foods, NYSEG, The
Raymond Corporation, and
The area is also home to three colleges; Broome Community College, Davis College and Binghamton University, they not only contribute to the economy with employment opportunities and the influx of large student bodies, but also give the area a "college town" atmosphere. Binghamton University continues to grow to become a highlight and focal point of our community. Our community is proud to support Binghamton University's many Division I sports programs and in fact, BU has been named “The Premier Public University in the Northeast” by Fiske Guide to College.
The Triple Cities is known for many unique and exciting cultural traditions.
- We are the Carousel Capital of the World, with six carousels in Broome County. All six carousels are in great condition, they are all open to the public free of charge thanks to the legacy of George B. Johnson; a local shoe manufacturer.
- This area is also well known for Spiedies, which is a home town delight. A variety of marinated chunks of meats, grilled on a skewer are just one example of the ethnic foods and traditions which continue to influence the many generations who call our area home. Every August thousands of people participate in the annual Speidie Fest and Balloon Rally. This festival gives our community the opportunity to come together to share one of our area’s own favorite food, and celebrate the summer. Since 1984, this festival has grown each year and has become a tourist destination on the east coast for hot air balloon enthusiasts.
- The American Civic Association also plays a part in supporting, coordinating and promoting several other activities and events which highlight the diverse population and many cultural traditions which make our community a wonderful place to not only visit, but raise a family. From the "All Nations Ball" to "The Garlic Festival" the community comes together to share and grow.
If Sports are your thing...
- We are also home to the American Hockey League's Binghamton Senators.
- The Binghamton METS, an AA farm team for the NY METS, call Binghamton's NYSEG Stadium home.
- Our community also hosts several other events on a regular basis. From the Chris Thater Memorial Bike Race, NYS Senior Games, NYS Special Olympics and NYS Summer Games our community is proud to participate and support these activities.
- Are you a NASCAR fan? Do you have tickets to Watkins Glen or Poccono Raceway? We are a short drive away and offer the accommodations which will make your race weekend complete!
Whether it is for sports, work or just for a visit, we invite you to come and stay with us and experience all of the best the Triple Cities area has to offer. If you have any questions on our area please contact us! And we hope to see you soon.